UK T almost lost his leg after a discarded vape pierced him | Daily News Byte

UK T almost lost his leg after a discarded vape pierced him

 | Daily News Byte


UK T almost lost his leg after a discarded vape pierced him

 | Daily News Byte

A four-inch vape pen pierced his shoes and leg, leaving him in excruciating pain

The increasing use of e-cigarettes, also known as vaping devices, has become a cause of great concern globally. While it poses several health risks, an incident in the UK has also highlighted the importance of properly disposing of e-cigarettes. Accordingly New York PostA UK teenager has been told he could lose his leg after being stung by an e-cigarette he tripped over.

13-year-old Harley Bennett was out with friends in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, when she discovered a used Elfbar pen on the floor of a subway in October. The young man along with his friends decided to destroy it for fun. He placed the e-cigarette upright on the ground and tried to crush it like a “coke can”. However, the stunt went horribly wrong as the four-inch vape pen pierced his thick-soled trainer shoes, socks and feet, leaving him in excruciating pain.

Shortly after, her mother received a call from a friend of Harley’s and took her to the emergency ward at Gloucester Royal Hospital. The teenager was forced to undergo a two-hour operation on his leg, followed by skin graft surgery the next day. The doctors also said that there is a high possibility that Harley could lose her legs due to the infection. The teen’s mom said the whole experience was terrifying and doctors had never seen anything like it.

“I wasn’t thinking, I don’t know how to explain it. I just stamped on it and it went straight into my leg. It was very painful. The recovery process was very stressful. That moment when the doctor told me I was my Losing a leg was very stressful. The pain is much better now,” said the boy

After nine weeks of hospital visits and regular bandage changes, Harley is now on the road to recovery. After the shocking incident, his family is now trying to raise awareness about the importance of properly disposing of vape pens.

A spokesman for Elfbar said they were ‘deeply saddened’ to hear of Harley’s injury and said they ‘ask people to dispose of their vape properly after using it’.

They said: “As a manufacturer, we pay close attention to protecting our environment by cooperating with our retailers, recycling departments and authorities.” Environmental responsibility is our top priority right now and we are in advanced discussions with a manufacturer compliance plan. providers across the UK regarding the storage and sustainable disposal of our products,” he added.

Featured video of the day

“Next day, Enforcement Directorate said…”: Telangana MLA on poaching case


Source link